Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's a par-tay!

Welp, I can officially cross my off my number one goal for the month of August: host a dinner party/game night. :)

Last week, we hosted Alan's birthday din-din and on Friday I hosted a Scentsy party. My childhood bestie asked me to hold it, and since I'd never done anything like that, I gave it a shot. It was fun to get the ladies together again and snack on yummy treats.

Since the party was pretty light, I decided that bite-size finger foods were appropriate. I made up some turkey and cilantro meatballs and some scones (I decided to make the scones the shape of cookie at the end of recipe since I was running short on time. They looked a bit funky, but were still pretty delish.)

Here's the recipe for the meatballs. Thanks to Gina at Skinnytaste.com

Southwest Turkey Meatballs with Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

Servings: 12 • Size: 2 meatballs only • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 67.1 • Fat: 1.8 g • Carbs: 2.3 g • Fiber: 0.4 g • Protein: 10.5 g

1-1/4 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
1 jalapeño, seeds removed (leave some in for spicier meatballs)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 scallions
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tsp cumin
pinch oregano
salt and fresh pepper
cooking spray

Lightly spray baking pan with oil.
Preheat oven to 400°.

Place jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, and scallions into a small food processor or chopper and
pulsea few times until finely minced.

In a large bowl
combineturkey, chopped herbs, bread crumbs, egg, cumin, salt and pepper. Using your hands,
mix welland measure 1/4 cup meat, then
divide in twoso you end up with each meatball 1/8 cup in size.
Roll and place on a baking pan.


The meatballs and scones are on the platter to the far left.


Mom brought the veggie tray (which I've snacked on all weekend) and my grandma brought the cupcakes. Yum! I ate 2 this weekend before sending them off to where my sweets go to die... the Coach's field house. If they were here, I'd seriously eat them all. When I sent them off with The Coach this afternoon, I asked if the other coaches ever bring in leftovers from their house and he said yes. Glad to know I'm not the only crazy wifey who wants certain things out of the casa!

The saleswoman! Steph and Steph Reunite! :)

Please ignore my nasty hair.. it was a long day and I was exhausted.

And the goods:


We were all a little overwhelmed by all the different scents. Who knew there were so many of those things?


I had fun smelling them all and giving my two sense on each one. It sounded a little like this...

oh, Love that!
This smells just like Alan
Umm, no
I don't like the after smell on that one
Okay that smells like a public bathroom, a clean one but a bathroom nonetheless

Hahaha, no one agreed on the public bathroom one or that some of the samples had "after smells." I'm sticking to it, though.

Hosting parties=complete. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment