Thursday, July 28, 2011

I made it one year!

Today started off a little earlier than normal, about half an hour to be exact! I got up and ready for work and had plently of time to wash a few dishes, make a lunch and a yummy strawberry and blackberry smoothie, and drop off our dry cleaning before work. Whew! Productive queen, right here!

Lunch looked something like this.

[Salad contained greens, celery, cucumber, carrots, broccoli and grilled chicken. I ate it with an oil olive based dressing..bliss!]

By lunchtime I was still full from this morning's smoothie, but I "managed" to tackle my salad and a small energy bar I brought for home. (Has anyone else tried those Larabars? Pretty tasty!) For some reason, my salads seemed extra big today meaning I definitely got my fruits and veggies fix for the day. Score!

While I ate, I did some blog reading and ordered these puppies from Half Price Books.


I read the first book in the series while the hubs and I were vacationing in the Dominican Republic. Much to Alan's dismay, I couldn't put it down! What's better than a love story with 4 best friends and wedding aspects? Not much I tell you! (well... maybe a homemade chocolate chip cookie smothered in peanut butter, but that's a different story ;) )


This afternoon I went to stretch my legs and check my work mailbox. I had this:


Has it been a year already?? Whew, time flies when you are having fun. Or, just really busy! It's funny how time goes by so much quicker when you are not living on a semester by semester basis and there's no homework, tests or projects to complete. I've taken full advantage of leaving work and everything it entails around 5 PM and not looking back until 8:30 the next morning. It's glorious!

Well, tonight's plan is less than exciting. After work, I'm going straight to the gym to get my 'pump on. After bodypump, I might stay and get in my cardio at the gym. It's so hot outside! How do we stand this?! For dinner, meal #2 on my list, I'm making baked talipa with brown rice and zucchini. A snack size snickers (or two!) may find it's way to my mouth also. ;)

I'm thinking the hubs and I get a video on demand off the TV and call it night. Please contain the excitement!

Hasta la vista!

PS- I hear lots of rain is in the near future. Bring it on!! I'll even postpone Levi's bath for it! Too bad my books won't be here by this weekend. That would have been the icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment