Monday, October 18, 2010

Just another manic Monday

Well, today I spent the entire day in HR, learning about all the benefits that come with my new job (oh so fun, I know). The experience was bittersweet. I was happy to essientally have the day off (since I spent my ENTIRE Saturday in Atlanta). I was grateful to have gotten the job and was excited about the all the bonuses that came it. But, despite all the goodness around me, throughout the day I had to constantly fight off the urge to just break down in tears. No, I wasn't scared about becoming a "grown up." No, I hadn't run over an animal on my way to work. And, no, I wasn't in any sort of pain. I was simply missing my dad. And, frankly, the whole day made me think of him. He worked at UTSA and I had once shared all the benefits I was being offered now, through him. As weird and ironic as it is, the day before he died, he called and asked me if there was any way I could get a job at UTSA. I said I didn't think so, but that I had people keeping an eye out for me. And keeping an eye out is exactly what they did. 6 months later, I'm working at UTSA. I can't help but think that more than one person had a hand in that.

To change the subject slightly, halfway through the day Alan texted me and asked if I was interested in having a date night. A date night with a coach on a MONDAY during football season with both MNF and the Rangers playing on TV? Heck yes I wanted! What a lucky girl I am! We ended up going to firehut, where we both ate way too much, way too fast. It totally hit the spot, though. Sitting in a classroom listening to information about health insurance is hard work. A girl can really work up an appetite!



After dinner we went to a place we had heard about called Orange Leaf. (We were a little skepical considering Orange Cup was our most recent fav. and the names seemed a bit too identical) But when we walked in the door, I knew I was in Haven. Hail motherland of all yogurt places! This shop was basically yogurt planet (my absolute favorite spot in Austin) in San Antonio! A self serve, all-you-can-eat (or afford), sweet, tart and sour place of goodness! Alan may have had to try EVERY flavor in the shop before he could pick one, but I knew exactly what I wanted. Chocolate.. and lots of it. I loaded up my cup (probably containing all the calories I needed in a day.. but hey, I went to Bodypump this afternoon!) and chowed down. We will definitely be returning to this place. Whoa!

/


On an ultimate sugar high, we went to our final spot before returing home.. Target..for drain-o, dog treats, and milk. You really didn't think we could finish the night without doing something completely old and married-like, did you? We ended up buying way more than originally planned, which is about 90% my fault. Whoops!

To top off the night, Levi learned to shake!!!!! I couldn't be a more proud. It really only took him 5 days to learn. What a smart cookie! He must take after his mother. Now, if only I could teach him to lay down and stay there....


All and all, I'd say it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment