Friday, September 24, 2010

Churchill loses in a repeat of last week :(


You know you are a coach's wife when you listen to the your hubby's HS game on AM radio on your way home from work, stay in the car in the garage yelling are at the radio for an extra 10 minutes and sprint into the house to pull up the online broadcast as fast as possible!

Unfortunately, I had to miss this week's game yet again.. (UTSA soccer lost to TCU 1-3 tonight). Churchill played their archrival, the Reagan Rattlers. Since I couldn't make it over to the game before it ended, I did the next best thing.. Radio. Jeez, I've never yelled and cheered more at the radio in my life. Poor Levi didn't know what to think with all the commotion!

At the end of the 4th, the game was tied at 21 (Churchill missed a PAT but then made up for it with a 2-point conversion later), sending the game into overtime. Both teams scored in overtime, sending the game into double overtime. RR scored and then WC followed suit. After kicking a extra point that was no good, but was called back for a penality, WC went for 2.. and was stopped at the 1/2 yard line. Noooooooooooo!

I am still in shock and could probably cry. Poor boys went through the same extact situation last week aganist Judson, losing by only a point. I don't know much else to say besides "booo." What makes it worse is the RR fans and their egotistical personalities. No, Rattlers, a 1-point win DOES NOT make you the "Chosen" ones. Get over yourself. Any other team and I wouldn't be so rude. Don't dish it if you can't take it, though.

On a happier note SV beat Canyon tonight :)

Oh and I am personally volunteering to become the kicker for both WC and SV because, as we have learned, one point can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment