Friday, July 22, 2011

Thankful Week # 1

I just absolutely love this concept. Thanks to those of you who do this already, allowing me to steal the idea from you. Muahahaha!

This week I have so much to be thankful for, so here goes..

....my wonderful husband for being both overly-athletic and a hard worker. Not only did the guy hit a homerun, pitch well in two different baseball games (neither of which I went to...whoops!), but he worked a football camp and morning strength and conditioning camp all week.

....a generous landlord. Our AC has been on the fritz lately and I really don't like to live in a house that randomly goes up to 85 degrees when the AC is set on 70. Alan called him, and he agreed to have someone come to check it out, fix our back door and our backyard fense, which are both in dire need of some repair. yippee!

....getting up an hour early on Wednesday morning to practice my yoga. There is something so rejuvenating about joga in the wee-hours of the morning. It also felt great to do something before work for a change.

....a weekend spent with good friends. My college roommate, bestie, and bridesmaid came to visit with her boyfriend last Friday. We ventured to the River Walk and then went to float the river with our ol' college organization on Saturday. It was so great to see everyone since I hadn't seem them since last year's float!

....running. I honestly forgot how much I like to run. This past week I only hit the pavement twice, but it felt great and I realized that I had truely missed that "me" time. If only I wasn't more athletic than that labrador...Dragging him up a hill towards the end of the run is not my ideal situation.

....rain! That's right!! It rained two days in a row here! I think we are all still jumping for joy. Here's to more rain next week!

Happy Friday, friends! Catch ya later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment